Monday, August 15, 2011

Lalbagh flower show (Aug 2011)

12th Aug, 2011

 This is my 4th visit to lalbagh flower show. During my last visit I had faced some difficulty in doing photography because of large crowd, so this time I decided to take a leave from work on Friday and visit the flower show hoping that because of working day I will find less crowd and can shoot the flowers more easily.

I reached the flower show at round 8.45 AM, got the ticket for Rs. 30 and headed straight to the glass house where the flowers are kept for display. I was happy to see that there was not much crowd in this time. Soon I got my Nikon D40 and mounted Sigma 150mm macro lens to capture the floral beauties. I always try to look for opportunity to shoot flowers along with some insect to give a different dimension to otherwise boring flower portrait. This time around there were not too many variety of flowers, same set of flowers were put up in different sections of the glass house. Having seen my shots from previous visit, I realized that last time I got many shots of colorful flowers bunched together in a group creating interesting colorful patterns, however there were no individual flower portraits or any real closeup shots that emphasized on the design or color of an individual flower. So this time I had decided to make some different shots as compared to my previous visit on 26th Jan 2011. Here are few intimate closeups of the flowers. Got in real close to emphasis on the colors and design of the flowers







There were few insects and bees around, which gave nice opportunity to shoot them up close against colorful flowers.








Sometime it was just so difficult to isolate a single flower, so shooting them in a bunch was only option, however this also give a nice composition as the patterns created by bunch of similar flowers look really nice. Here are some





And finally, after moving out of the the glass show, I got my 18-55mm lens to shoot some frames of the glass house itself and the Lotus temple built out of roses (which happens to be the major attraction of the flower show). Here are few shots.




Overall, it was very satisfying experience. Will be looking forward for the next flower show.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

WriteUp Cafe - Together we Write